How to replace a Phonak receiver. This information is for Audeo S, Q, V & B version hearing aids.
How to replace a Phonak receiver. This information is for Audeo S, Q, V & B version hearing aids. You can also watch a video here.
- Ensure that you have correct device/s and tools before you start. This includes: your Phonak hearing aids, new receiver/s, pin removal tool.
- The receiver is securely fastened at the top end of the hearing aid by a locking pin. This pin can be accessed on either side of the hearing aid, just below where the receiver is attached.
- Using the pin removal tool, push the pointed side of the tool on either side of the locking pin until the locking pin protrudes on the other side by about 1mm.
- At this point the receiver, is now unfastened and can be removed easily by pulling it away from the hearing aid.
- The new receiver can now be put in place by aligning the 2 pins to the opening at the top of the hearing aid and gently pushing it down into place.
- Once the receiver is securely in place, push the locking pin back (you can use the other end of the pin removal tool to assist) and the new receiver is now securely fastened to the hearing aid.