Changing the receiver on a Phonak Marvel is easy when you follow this step-by-step guide.
How to replace a Phonak receiver 4.0 (Phonak Marvel hearing aids)
- Ensure that you have the correct device/s and tools before you start. This includes: your Phonak Marvel hearing aids, new receiver/s, and pin removal tool.
- The receiver is securely fastened at the top end of the hearing aid by a locking pin. This pin can be found on either side of the hearing aids just below where the receiver is attached to the hearing aid.
- Using the pin removal tool, push the pointed side of the tool on either side of the locking pin until the locking pin protrudes on the other side by about 1mm.
- At this point the receiver is now unfastened to the hearing aid and can be removed easily by pulling it away from the hearing aid.
- The new receiver can now be inserted by aligning the 3 pins to the opening at the top of the hearing aid and gently pushing it down into place.
- Once the receiver is securely in place, push the locking pin back using the bottom end of the pin removal tool.
- Once the locking pin is pushed inside, the new receiver is now securely fastened to the hearing aid.