We've had a number of clients who wear Phonak hearing aids complain about the streaming quality of phone calls.
We've had a number of clients who wear Phonak hearing aids complain about the streaming quality of phone calls. They report that the audio quality is not the best, not just for them, but also the person on the other end of the line who complains the phone call is 'tinny'.
But they also note that streaming from other sources such as music, podcasts or television is excellent. It is just streaming phone calls which are the problem.
It is an issue which particularly affects those with the Marvel model hearing aids. Those with Paradise appear to be less affected. The good news is, there is a fix for this problem.
Here is a step-by-step instruction:
1. Go to the MyPhonak app on your mobile phone.
2. Click on the three horizontal bars at the top of the screen.
3. Click My Hearing Aids
4. Select Bluetooth phone call
5. Select Fixed Bandwidth
If these options appear greyed out on your phone, please do ensure that you are not attempting to currently using Bluetooth with your hearing aids.
Do you have another challenge with your hearing or hearing aids that we can assist with?
We have plenty of resources to help you manage your hearing aids. Search the Value Hearing web site to have your question answered or subscribe to our YouTube Channel for helpful information and easy to follow instructions on different makes and models of hearing aids and accessories.
- How to connect a Phonak Marvel Hearing Aid to an iPhone
- Connecting Phonak Hearing Aids to an Android phone
- Using the myPhonak app with your Phonak Marvel hearing aids
- Fixing Hearing Aid Connections
- Troubleshooting Bluetooth trouble with hearing aids
- How to Unpair and Pair Hearing Aids to the myPhonak App on an iPhone